is a streaming data solution for the internet, intranet and extranet. Financial
facts and figures, quotes, prices and news headlines can all be streamed and constantly
updated on the web.
Based on push technology, Slingshot enables the streaming of real-time information
updates on the internet through firewalls and proxy servers.
Slingshot provides a bi-directional, encrypted communication channel between the
server application and the browser-based client. A session between the client and
the server is established once a user has logged in and been successfully authenticated
and authorized. This allows both the server application and the client to check
the status of the session at any time, providing a controlled client-server communication.
There are no special configuration needs for the network, firewalls, proxies or
- Streaming data over the internet, intranet and extranet at very low latency
- Able to interface to the majority of the existing market data distribution systems
- Able to interface to common applications in the financial industry, as well as to
exchanges / ECNs, Microsoft Excel and to most database systems
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), which allow bespoke interfaces to be
written either as modules integrated into a web site, a third party application
or as stand-alone applications
- A bi-directional, encrypted communication channel between the server application
and the browser-based client
- High performance and low latency with an extreme degree of scalability